Our Corporate team is highly experienced in advising both domestic and international corporate clients on a variety of transactions, ranging from M&A, private equity, venture capital, AIM Admissions, private placings and public company takeovers. We have earned a reputation for excellence, guiding clients through every aspect of a transaction with solid, reliable and commercial advice.
The team’s knowledge and skills cover an extensive suite of practice areas. These include:
- Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Charities & Not for Profit
- Commercial Contracts
- Consumer Law
- Corporate Governance
- Equity Capital Markets
- Food & Beverage
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Medical Devices
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Natural Resources
- Partnership Law
- Private Equity
- Shareholder Disputes
- Venture Capital
The Legal 500 EMEA, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe routinely rank our Corporate team for the service we provide and the calibre, quality and size of our transactions. Chambers Europe 2019 notes from its independent research that clients admire the team’s ‘excellent negotiation skills, sound advice and attention to detail’ and that ‘the advice is very pragmatic and business-focused.’ The Legal 500 EMEA 2019 describes the team as ‘efficient and responsive’ and notes from client feedback that our Corporate team ‘delivers a quality service at all stages’.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2019 describes practice head, Cillian Balfe, as ‘a great people person’, who is noted for his ‘excellent blend of professionalism, personal touch and expertise’. It notes that Thérèse Rochford is ‘very experienced and has good legal and commercial sense’, with Chambers Europe 2019 describing her as ‘very thorough in her approach.’ Chambers Global 2019 describes Stephen Walker as ‘very pragmatic’, with Chambers Europe 2019 noting that clients praise his ‘strong corporate knowledge’. Brendan Ringrose is also recommended by The Legal 500 EMEA 2019 and noted for his work with publicly listed companies based in Ireland and North America, including Glencore and Dalradian Resources.
Some of our recent Corporate transactions include:
- Advised Adventus Mining Corporation, a Toronto Stock Exchange – Ventures listed company, on the sale of its Irish subsidiary to BMEx Limited, a privately-owned Australian exploration company
- Advised Creative Technology Group Limited, the live events unit of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-headquartered NEP Group, on its acquisition of Irish media technology company Ion Solutions Limited
- Advised the majority selling shareholders of Empathy Marketing, the company behind Pigsback.com, on the sale of Pigsback.com to Secret Escapes Limited, a UK company
- Advised Programming Research Group Limited on its acquisition by Perforce Software Inc.
- Advised the shareholders of Oceanpath Seafood on the sale of Oceanpath Seafood to Iceland Seafood International
- Advised the shareholders of Avant Air and Sea on the sale of Avant Air and Sea to Rhenus Beteiligungen International GmbH
- Advised the shareholders of Totalemotion Limited on its acquisition by Kairos, Inc.
- Advised the shareholders of Eaton Square Limited on its acquisition by BDO
- Advised Data Chemist on a recent fund-raising lead by Atlantic Bridge
- Advised the Irish subsidiary of Toronto Stock Exchange-listed Altius Minerals Corp. on an option to enter into a joint venture with First Quantum Minerals Limited
- Advised AIM-listed San Leon Energy plc on a tender offer to shareholders in relation to the buyback of shares and on its share capital reduction of c.€400m in the High Court