Whitney Moore is recognised as one of Ireland’s leading IP practices and we provide clients with the full range of advisory and litigation expertise across all aspects of intellectual property including patents, trade marks, copyright, design and trade secrets. Our Intellectual Property team works with a wide variety of industry sectors such as pharma, life sciences, retail, entertainment & media and biotechnology.
We have significant experience advising multinationals on patent disputes in the pharma, biotechnology and medical devices sectors. This includes trials in multi-jurisdictional patent litigation.
Our Intellectual Property team is consistently recommended by international legal journals, where we are praised for being ‘definitely among the best for IP in Ireland’. Clients value our legal expertise, with one reporting: “I am delighted by their work. They are clearly outstanding, dedicated, knowledgeable and they always know how to approach a case.” The team is headed up by Aoife Murphy, who is described as ‘highly competent’ and ‘great technically . . . incredibly thorough and level headed’. Robin Hayes is also cited as a ‘next generation lawyer’ and ‘technically very good, highly efficient and responsive to all our demands’.
The team at Whitney Moore has written the Irish chapter of International Comparative Legal Guides (ICLG) to: Patents 2018. Click here to view the chapter on the ICLG website. Please contact us directly if you would like to receive a PDF version or if you would like to discuss any of the issues raised.
Citations taken from Chambers Europe 2018, The Legal 500 EMEA 2017, IAM Patent 1000 2016 and Chambers Europe 2017.
Some of our recent Intellectual Property transactions include:
- Acting for F. Hoffmann La-Roche in patent infringement proceedings before the Commercial Court concerning a biosimilar product
- Acting for Edwards Lifesciences in patent infringement proceedings before the Commercial Court relating to its medical device patents
- Acting for Shamrock Gift Company in trademark infringement and passing off proceedings before the Commercial Court
- Acted for Teva Pharma B.V. v Amgen Inc. & Others in High Court patent proceedings concerning revocation and entitlement
- Acted for Garmin (Europe) Ltd in proceedings alleging breach of database rights, copyright infringement and trade mark infringement before the High Court
- Acted for TracknStop Ltd in breach of confidence proceedings before the Commercial Court against former employees regarding anti-theft GPS technology
- Acting for Tribune Content Agency, a leading provider of syndicated news content, in defence of multiple claims for copyright infringement alleged to have occurred online
- Acted for OrbusNeich Medical Inc. against Boston Scientific Corporation in Commercial Court patent infringement proceedings regarding coronary stents
- Acted for McCambridge Ltd against Joseph Brennan Bakeries in Commercial Court and Supreme Court proceedings in the leading Irish passing off case
- Acted for Novartis against Actavis, in relation to a High Court injunction in respect of infringement of a patent for a drug used in the treatment of blood pressure
- Acted for Medinol Ltd against Abbott Ireland in Commercial Court patent infringement proceedings
- Acted for Medtronic Inc. against Guidant Corporation, Abbott Vascular Devices Holland B.V. in Commercial Court proceedings regarding alleged infringement of Medtronic’s coronary stent patents
- Adidas v Charles O’Neill & Co. in a leading Supreme Court authority on passing off involving the three-stripe design on sportswear
- Acted for the plaintiff in House of Spring Gardens Ltd v Point Blank Ltd & others in a leading Supreme Court authority on breach of confidence, infringement of copyright and breach of contract, involving the design of bullet-proof vests
Our Intellectual Property clients include:
- Edwards Lifesciences
- Novartis AG
- OrbusNeich Medical Inc.
- Medinol Ltd
- F. Hoffman-la Roche
- Teva Pharma B.V.
- McCambridge Ltd
- Shamrock Gift Company
- Tribune Content Agency