Working across a wide range of specialist areas, our Employment, Pensions and Immigration team offers clients a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of prevailing regulations and legislation.
We assist in any employment query and advise corporate clients and pension trustees on pension issues, scheme documentation and the interpretation of rules, legislation and related matters. Furthermore, we provide guidance on corporate immigration and worker mobility, employment of non-EEA nationals in Ireland and work permit applications.
Our team’s core practice areas are:
- Pensions and Employee Benefits
Senior members of our team have been frequently ranked by international legal directories. Clients say that John Lynch is an ‘excellent communicator’ and ‘very genuine, sincere and extremely commercially minded’… ‘He has the ability to make you feel you are in safe hands and your company’s needs are being met.’ The team is also praised for its ‘practical and commercial approach’ with clients appreciating being kept ‘abreast of developments’ and how the team provides ‘very practical and applicable advice.’
Citations taken from The Legal 500 EMEA 2018 and Chambers Europe 2018.
Some of our recent Employment, Pensions and Immigration transactions include:
- Adviser to a US multinational on its establishment in Ireland, recruitment, contracts, HR policies, HR training and general start-up issues
- Adviser on bullying and harassment allegations against members of a senior management team and subsequent workplace investigation
- Adviser to a senior executive in relation to whistleblower complaint
- Adviser to high-profile senior executives in negotiation of severance arrangements
- Adviser to employers on changes in the law and implementation of best practice
- Adviser in respect of corporate immigration and work permit applications
- Adviser in complex High Court proceedings relating to privacy issues, monitoring and breach of data protection rights
- Adviser in relation to the restructuring of occupational pension arrangements, revised scheme documentation and close-down of schemes
- Adviser to pension trustees on trustee duties and obligations and interpretation of scheme documentation
- Adviser to a financial institution in successfully defending Equal Status claims
- Adviser to client companies on WRC workplace inspections
- Adviser on scheme documentation
- Adviser on the variation and winding up of occupational pension schemes
- Adviser on the interpretation of trust deeds, rules and legislation
- Adviser on investigations before the Pensions Authority and Pensions Ombudsman