Our Social Housing team is at the forefront of social housing. Over the last number of years our team has engineered legal initiatives and our approach to providing pro-active and cost-effective advice and solutions has made us the leader in this area. Our team has been involved in the following:
- Acquisition of portfolios of properties for social housing use
- Acting for State Agencies, including The Housing Agency, Local Authorities and Approved Housing Bodies, in the provision of social housing through joint venture agreements with developers and funds
- Drafting template leases between Local Authorities and developers in the provision of long term leases for social housing
- Mortgage to Rent: Acting for a major Irish financial institution in relation to its portfolio of mortgage to rent properties
- Developing standard documentation for the State and Local Authorities in connection with the provision of Social Housing including development agreements, joint ventures, co-operation agreements, services provision agreements, options and leasing (both short and long term)
- Advising State Agencies in respect of governance and regulation in respect of Approved Housing Bodies.