Our Banking and Finance team provides a commercial, solutions-driven approach to all banking and finance transactions. We advise financial institutions (domestic and international), mezzanine lenders, private funders, corporate borrowers and investor structures (QIAIFs/ICAVs).
The team is actively engaged in the following practice areas:
- Acquisition Finance
- Construction and Development Finance
- Invoice Discounting and Debt Factoring
- Loan Sales and Purchases
- Property Finance
- Security and Enforcement Analysis
- SME and Consumer Credit
- Syndicated and Bilateral Secured Lending
Led by Ann Lalor, we deliver a consistently high level of service and Ann has been recommended numerous times by Chambers Global, Chambers Europe and The Legal 500 EMEA. Clients describe Ann as a ‘quick-thinking problem-solver’, ‘assertive in negotiations’ and ‘very strong’. Others have observed that she is ‘very good at highlighting key issues . . . and recognising the potential for delays and how to prepare for them’ and that she ‘was able to fight our corner and got us a good deal’.
Citations taken from The Legal 500 EMEA 2016, The Legal 500 EMEA 2015, Chambers Global 2017 and Chambers Europe 2016.
Some of our recent Banking and Finance transactions include
- Adviser to main domestic bank (corporate banking) on property finance in respect of significant retail and office portfolio (€42M)
- Adviser to international hotel group on its refinancing of senior debt facilities (€30m)
- Adviser to Irish retail holdings group on its refinancing of senior debt syndicated facilities (€25m)
- Adviser to major domestic bank (corporate banking) on property finance to ICAV structure regarding its acquisition of significant commercial properties (€16M)
- Adviser to Irish logistics and storage client in respect of development finance from one of the main domestic banks (€16m)
- Adviser to main domestic bank (corporate banking) on development finance for significant residential sites (€15M)
- Adviser to renewable energy company on revolving credit and working capital facilities (transaction value cannot be disclosed)
- Adviser to Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Incorporated in respect of the Irish law aspects of global financing structure to include funding for acquisition of IronPlanet Holdings Inc. and global subsidiaries (transaction value cannot be disclosed)
- Adviser to international loan asset manager on loan sale transactions (transaction value cannot be disclosed)
- Adviser to a number of developer clients in respect of development finance from a range of funders from the main domestic banks to mezzanine finance providers (transaction values cannot be disclosed)
Our Banking and Finance clients include:
- Allied Irish Banks p.l.c.
- Bank of Ireland
- KBC Bank Ireland plc
- National Asset Management Agency
- Ulster Bank